|Job Title||Knowledge Management and Community Engagement Programme Officer|
|Department/Unit||The Advocacy Accelerator|
|Reporting||Knowledge Management And Community Engagement Lead|
|Physical Location||Remote / Nairobi, Kenya. Advocacy Accelerator Offices (Amref Health Africa – Kenya Country Office)|
|Closing Date||26 October 2020|
|Start Date||29 September 2020|
|To apply: Send a Curriculum Vitae and a Cover Letter to [email protected] Please include the name of the vacancy in the subject line.|
The Knowledge Management and Community Engagement Project Officer will assist in ensuring knowledge, information and experience amassed by the Advocacy Accelerator and its community is effectively shared to internal and external stakeholders. These include AAC staff members, the Advocacy Community across the continent specifically Advocates, Technical Assistants and Donors (ATAD’s), and other implementing partners within the Advocacy ecosystem.
The position will support the team in the implementation of various knowledge management and community engagement activities as described below.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Implementation of the Knowledge Management and Community Engagement Strategy
- Assist in production and dissemination of knowledge and learning products, capturing lessons at the thematic, functional unit and project/programme levels, in coordination and collaboration with AAC’s Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Research (MERL), Content Facilitation and Training (CFT) and Advocacy Communication (AC) teams. Knowledge products include, but are not limited to, studies/reports, workshops, case studies, knowledge notes, and e-learning tools and approaches.
- Promote regular sharing of ideas, knowledge, and experiences among AAC staff, partners, and other stakeholders by taking an active role in championing good knowledge management practices amongst these stakeholders.
- Provide support to AAC teams and partners in planning, organizing, and implementing interactive learning and information sessions (e.g., help to design and develop workshops, webinars, training).
- Promote knowledge sharing through improved management of the organization’s operational processes and systems by, among other things, strengthening development and integration of effective information and knowledge capturing, packaging, sharing, and learning.
- Identify new areas where knowledge management support is needed and analyse existing knowledge management support in AAC functional areas including MERL, CFT, AC and Pillar support activities.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with AMREF and other external partners on in order to understand and identify learnings from their knowledge management strategies.
- Identify business development opportunities to leverage the AAC knowledge management and learning capacity and contribute to the development of technical and financial proposals.
- Manage and update the AAC knowledge repository.
Internal Knowledge Management and Learning
- Assist the Knowledge Management and Commnity Lead in implementing and improving collaborative processes and tools for pooling and consolidating internal knowledge.
- Gain fluency on and actively champion innovative approaches in sharing internal knowledge and best practices that suit the AAC.
- Propose and promote creative solutions for knowledge management in the organization.
Community Of Practice Support
- Actively support existing tools and approaches aimed at ensuring stakeholders are able to share experiences across communities of practice, internal teams, and networks on innovative approaches in knowledge sharing.
- Gain a deep understanding of the needs, successes and challenges faced by Community of Practice (CoP) initiatives at the AAC and help design effective approaches to addressesing needs and challenges and celebrating successes.
- Support CoP facilitators with knowledge management skills-building and with conceptual planning and implementation (as demanded) to ensure successful CoPs.
Project Management, KM Monitoring and Reporting
- Monitor the impact of AACs knowledge sharing activities with stakeholders by gathering and analysing key data points previously identified for the organization.
- Draft regular reports including community engagement reports, bi-annual KMC report and the Technical Assistance providers progress report.
- Monitor and report on KMC’s performance by regularly updating the Activity Tracking Tool (ATT).
Online tools overview and support
- Partner with IT support and the Advocacy Communication team on KM issues and online tools monitoring and provide key inputs to address issues and challenges from a KM lens.
- Support the developments of online tools
Additional Programme or Project Responsibilities as may be assigned
- Additional programme or project responsibilities as may be assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors degree in social sciences /communications/ organisational management and/or knowledge management.
- 5 years of professional experience working in knowledge management/ Community Management and Project Management.
- Experience in advocacy is an added advantage.
Competences and Skills
- Ability to work rapidly, both in person and remotely, with team members.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Fluency in speaking, reading and writing in English. Knowledge of French would be an added advantage.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent planning and organising skills.
- Passionate about knowledge sharing, learning and/or engaging communities of stakeholders around shared purpose.
- Ability to take on a project or task and deliver beyond expectations
- Ability to think critically, read and comprehend and apply learning to day-to-day tasks.
- High social-emotional intelligence (abiity to connect with and collaborate with many people.)
Diversity & Inclusion
Duly note that the Advocacy Accelerator is an equal opportunity employer. The Advocacy Accelerator has a commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective, and experience. We are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, service providers, partners and those we work with.