- This event has passed.
Training on Monitoring and Evaluation for Health Programs
August 26, 2019 @ 8:00 am - August 30, 2019 @ 4:30 pm
About the course
Monitoring and Evaluation helps in collecting, analyzing and transforming health data into strategic information for informed decision making, improved effectiveness and enhanced advocacy in health programs. M&E will help to ensure that health programs are implemented as planned and to assess whether desired results are being achieved.
This course aims to build the capacity of M&E professionals working in the health sector. The acquired M&E skills will assist the participants to improve health program planning and performance management and enhance the institutionalization of the collection of health-related data and the analysis of program impact. The main topics covered include the development of monitoring and evaluation for key health sector program areas; HIV and AIDS, STDs, TB, maternal health, family planning, child health and reproductive health.
This course is designed for researchers, project staff, development practitioners, managers and decision makers who are responsible for project, program or organization-level M&E in the Health sector.
What you will learn
By the end of this course the learners should be able to:
- Understand monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of health programs
- Design a health project using logical framework
- Develop indicators and targets for each result level
- Track performance indicators over the life of the project
- Evaluation a health project against planned outcomes
- Develop and implement an M&E system
- Develop a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation plan
For more information on the course outline and registration, click HERE.