Register here: https://form.jotform.com/202655936315054
About the Training
For non-profits pursuing advocacy work, even on the narrowest and most local of issues, defining and measuring success is not for the faint of heart. Advocacy and policy programmes can be complex to implement, and more so complex to document results if the M&E design is not thought very well from the beginning. The typical approach to a successful measurement strategy in direct service—developing a (linear) theory of change and measuring in increasingly rigorous ways until you can prove your model’s effectiveness—simply doesn’t work in most advocacy contexts. Neither does waiting to measure until the “end outcome” is achieved, since that could be decades away. The overall objective of this training is to equip you with the necessary skills and knowledge to make you better practitioners in your countries. This training has been designed to be practical with exercises to provide skills, encourage participation and exchange information. We will walk with you on how to design an effective Theory of Change for advocacy programmes. We will also help you how to link your Theory of Change to your Advocacy Results Framework. By the end of the training, participants will:
- Have the necessary skills and knowledge on how to design an advocacy Theory of Change
- Have an understanding on the factors to consider when designing and implementing an advocacy Theory of Change
- Have explored ways to facilitate and promote TOC approaches within their own organisation and advocacy programmes.
Have improved skills on how to use a TOC in monitoring and evaluating advocacy interventions based on a set of advocacy tools designed and tested by Evidence Frontiers
- Understand common mistakes made by development organizations when designing an advocacy Theory of Change
This will be a 3 day face to face course which will take place at Fairview Hotel in Nairobi, Kenya and a 90 minute one-to-one coaching session after the course (via Skype) with the course trainers, focusing specifically on your needs. This individual, tailored coaching will support the individual to apply the learning from the course to their work, and offer the opportunity to work through current challenges, difficulties and opportunities with a highly experienced practitioner.
Bank deposit to an account issued to you after registration.
The following Early Bird and Group Discounts are available for 2021 programs:
- 10% off of full price for those who register for a module up to 2 weeks before the delivery. The discount will be applied automatically at the time of registration.
- 20% off of full price for groups of three or more who contact our team at [email protected] and register at one time. After the first group of three have registered, additional members may be added to the group. Please note: the group rate cannot be applied retroactively. As such, if you believe your friends or colleagues may be interested, encourage them to be part of a group prior to registering!
Refund and Cancellation Policy
We have certain costs associated with delivery that cannot be recouped when we have last minute cancellations. Full refunds (less a $50 processing fee) will be made up to 3 weeks prior to the training. These refunds may take up to 4 week to process. While we understand that personal or work related conflicts can arise from time to time, please note that refunds are not issues under any circumstances within 3 weeks of delivery. Registration may be transferred for the entire course to another person within your organisation until 24 hours before the start of the training. Evidence Frontiers will not transfer registration or provide any refunds for modules that are missed after the start of a course.
If an entire class is cancelled by Evidence Frontiers for any reasons, Evidence Frontiers will issue participants a full refund.
Participants are kindly requested to register and make payment by 15th March 2021. Unfortunately, as per our policy, we are only allowed to admit 15-20 participants per training, therefore admissions will be on a first come basis based on those who will have registered and made their payment on or before the deadline. To book your place in this training kindly click: https://form.jotform.com/202655936315054 or contact us:
Evidence Frontiers Training Team
[email protected]/ [email protected]
Telephone: +254 721 943 008 / 0799 847 605 / 0722 980 273