- This event has passed.
Stories of Change Conference
August 4, 2021 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Deadline: 4th August, 2021
The Deutsche Stiftung Weltbevölkerung (DSW) is happy to invite you to our virtual Stories of Change Conference to be held between Sept. 16 – 17, 2021.
Over the past year, DSW has been capturing lessons learnt within our advocacy capacity development project in East Africa. While we normally focus on positive stories of change, we decided to mix it up a bit and look out for both positive – and the negative – stories that defined our approach to youth-focused advocacy capacity development in Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights. We want to share these experiences with you – and hear your stories too! Only by sharing experiences can we truly learn and grow together. Over the course of these two days, we will:
- Present our journey through storytelling featuring the highs (and lows!) of advocacy capacity development in Kenya and Tanzania
- Hear the voices of young people as they recount experiences that defined them, that created uncertainty, or that led to a positive outcome.
- Feature guest organization and speakers from other projects to explore and learn about their experiences through their stories of change
- Facilitate exchange on the key risk and success factors for designing programmes on capacity development for effective local advocacy
- Provide a platform to share YOUR stories too!
Are you working on a story of change for your project or organization related to organisational and advocacy capacity development? If you are ready to share, we would love to feature you at the conference!
For more information, feel free to reach out Eva Herrmann at [email protected]. You can find the criteria under www.dsw.org/en/slale For now, please save the date and block the time in your calendars. Further programme information and registration details will be shared soon. See you at DSW’s Stories of Change Conference in September!