- This event has passed.
Request for Proposal by UN Women Ethiopia: SRMNCAH in refugee and host communities
August 21, 2020
UN Women Ethiopia is looking for an Implementing Partner (IP) – Local Civil Society Organization (CSO) who will be responsible to implement Program On Women’s Empowerment in Sexual, Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health (SRMNCAH) rights in Gambella in both refugee camps and hosting communities.
This Call for Proposal is to engage CSO to partner with UN Women Ethiopia in implementing POWER Program On Women’s Empowerment in Sexual, Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child, and Adolescent Health (SRMNCAH) Rights in Gambella in both refugee camps and hosting communities.
- The project focuses on Gambella Refugee camps and selected hosting communities. Therefore, interventions under this project should target at least two selected refugee camps in Gambella and refugee-hosting woredas adjacent to the refugee camps.
- Activities are expected to be implemented in the refugee camps and hosting community focusing on Women’s Empowerment in Sexual, Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child, and Adolescent Health (SRMNCAH) Rights in Gambella both in the refugee camps and host communities.
- The proposed intervention size and budget request must fall between a minimum indicative amount of USD 310,000 and a maximum amount of USD 320,000 for the period up to November 2021 Budget proposals should be submitted in USD.
- The project will commence upon the signature of a partnership agreement with the selected organization and will end after 1 year up to October 2021.
- Improve response capacities to gender-related barriers for women to access SRMNCAH services.
- Provide technical support to the development of response plans for humanitarian settings.
- Build capacity of women’s groups, community leaders (including men) and community health workers (CHWs), and health extension workers (HEWs).
- Utilize multimedia channels to conduct increase awareness on cultural issues and barriers to SRMNCAH.
- Increase awareness and community action on SRMNCAH.
- Promote women’s economic opportunities and livelihood skills and second-chance education to empower women to access to SRMNCAH services.
- Conduct community level literacy campaigns on SRMNCAH rights as enshrined in the laws and policies, targeting religious and cultural leaders and women leaders.
- Capacity building with women within social spaces in temporary shelters and host communities
- Support women’s rights defenders, networks, and coalitions to engage with government and other providers at national and subnational levels for quality SRMNCAH.
- Capacity development for women’s Rights and selected CSOs and networks for working in humanitarian settings on SRMNCAHR.
- Involving and using women’s groups, community leaders, HEWs, and CHWs to raise awareness and mobilize communities to create awareness of SRMNCAH services even in emergencies.
- Legally constituted organization with valid registration in Ethiopia.
- Experience addressing issues relevant to women’s rights on Sexual, Reproductive, Maternal, Neonatal, Child and Adolescent Health Rights), women empowerment, and gender equality.
- Experience working in humanitarian settings and refugee programs is mandatory.
- Have experts in the area of service is required.
- Previous working experience with the United Nations is highly desirable.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/2DU1IRB