Policy development and advocacy to improve health equity
March 31 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Date And Time
Mon, 1 Apr 2019, 12:01 AM –
Tue, 31 Mar 2020, 11:30 PM EDT
This NCCDH on-demand webinar focuses on policy development and advocacy to decrease health inequities.
In line with requirement #4 of the Health Equity Standard under the Ontario Public Health Standards, and guideline 6.4 of the Ontario Health Equity Guideline, 2018, this on-demand webinar will explore policy development in the public health context, and the importance of advocacy as a public health role.
This content explores the meaning of systems change in the public health context, and the importance of language in addressing the social determinants of health and health inequities.
Listeners will learn about
- public health’s role in leading and supporting policy development and advocacy;
- downstream-, midstream- and upstream-level interventions;
- the steps involved in healthy public policy development;
- advocacy roles for public health professionals; and
- choosing advocacy tools appropriate for effective public health practice.
Click here to learn more about the webinar and to access pre-readings and additional resources.
If you have questions about the content, please contact the NCCDH at email@example.com.