- This event has passed.
Open Call for 2021 AAS Affiliates Programme
July 23, 2021 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Deadline: July 23rd 2021
The AAS Affiliates Programme seeks early and mid-career scientists who demonstrate excellence in their development and application of science in Africa. These individuals become ‘Affiliate of the AAS’ for a period of five years during which they receive individualized professional development support and join a wider community of science leaders on the African continent.
What we expect from the AAS Affiliates:
The AAS Affiliates live out the Academy’s vision of transforming lives through sciences in their research and leadership excellence. They actively contribute to the programme activities while also motivating other young researchers to pursue scientific excellence. The programme accelerates their transition into independent researchers and enhances their contribution to innovations, policy engagement, mentorship, interdisciplinary collaboration and research management. Consequentially, Affiliates’ professional development contributes to strengthening their institution’s scientific capacity. Requirements:
- Must be an African national;
- Must have obtained their PhD in the last ten years;
- Must have substantial postdoctoral research experience;
- Must be aged 40 years and below by the 31st December of that year. Individual considerations will be made for female candidates above 40 years who have had career interruptions;
- Must be residing in or affiliated with an African higher education or research institution;
- Female candidates and candidates from under-represented disciplines and countries are especially encouraged to apply.
What we are looking for:
- Quality of scientific outputs;
- Evidence of good academic citizenship;
- The strength of the applicant’s statement of interest;
- Applicant’s range of scientific awards and other recognitions;
- Engagement in other relevant professional activities.
For more information email, [email protected]