- This event has passed.
ECOSOC Youth Forum 7 – 8 April 2021
April 7, 2021 - April 8, 2021
The Forum provides a global platform for a candid dialogue among Member States and young leaders from around the world on solutions to challenges affecting youth wellbeing. It also serves as a unique space for young people to share their vision and actions as well as to provide youth perspectives on the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs.
The 2021 Forum’s discussions will be guided by the overall theme of the 2021 ECOSOC and HLPF: “Sustainable and resilient recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic, that promotes the economic, social and environmental dimensions of sustainable development: Building an inclusive and effective path for the achievement of the 2030 Agenda in the context of the decade of action and delivery for sustainable development”. Consideration will also be given to the group of SDGs decided by Member States for in-depth discussions at the 2021 HLPF, namely, SDGs 1, 2, 3, 8, 10, 12, 13, 16 and 17.
The 2021 ECOSOC Youth Forum will be convened by the President of ECOSOC and is co- organised by the Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA) and the Office of the Secretary General’s Envoy on Youth (OSGEY), in collaboration with the United Nations Inter- Agency Network on Youth Development (IANYD), and co-convened by the Major Group for Children and Youth (MGCY) and the International Coordination Meeting of Youth Organisations (ICMYO), with technical input from youth organisations relevant to the theme of the forum.
Youth leaders from around the world will have the opportunity to engage with government representatives, youth delegates, policymakers and other relevant stakeholders in civil society and the private sector.
The two-day event will feature plenary sessions, interactive thematic and regionally-based discussions, and provide an opportunity for a rich exchange of views and ideas on innovative solutions to issues of relevance to young people on the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and also on the sustainable development goals under review in the Economic and Social Council and the High-level Political Forum in 2021.
Live Event: Video and Concept notes
Wednesday, 7 April 2021
- 10X10: Ten Years of #ECOSOCYF – Building Up for a Decade of Action (9:00 AM – 9:30 AM) (Coming soon)
- #YouthLead: Young People in the Driver’s Seat to Build Back Better (9:30 AM – 10:00 AM) (Coming soon)
- Achieving the SDGs With and For Youth (10:00 AM – 1:00 PM) (Coming soon)
Parallel Thematic Breakout sessions
- A People-Centric Response (1:30 PM – 2:30 PM)
- Accelerating Action for the Planet (1:30 PM – 2:30 PM)
- Prospering and Thriving (2:45 PM- 3:45 PM)
- Inclusive Peace: The Way Forward (2:45 PM- 3:45 PM)
- Harnessing Partnerships, Resources and Science: Working Together to Get Things Done (4:00 PM – 5:15 PM)
A Virtual Networking Reception for Young Changemakers (5:30 PM – 7:00 PM)
Thursday, 8 April 2021
Parallel Regional Breakout sessions
- Asia and the Pacific (8:00 AM – 9:30 AM)
- Arab States Region (8:00 AM – 9:30 AM)
- Africa (9:40 AM – 11:10 AM)
- Europe, North America and Other States (9:40 AM – 11:10 AM)
- Latin America and the Caribbean (11:20 AM – 1:00 PM) Latin America & The Caribbean
- Achieving the SDGs With and For Youth (1:30 PM – 2:30 PM) (Coming soon)
- Leaving No Youth Behind: Addressing the Long-Term Consequences of COVID-19 for Vulnerable Youth Groups (2:30 PM – 4:00 PM) (Coming soon)
- Reflecting Back and Looking Forward – Celebrating A Decade of the Youth Forum and the Start of Decade of Action (4:00 PM – 4:30 PM) (Coming soon)
- Closing Session of the ECOSOC Youth Forum (4:30 PM – 5:00 PM) (Coming soon)