- This event has passed.
October 30, 2019 @ 8:00 am - November 15, 2019 @ 5:00 pm
Hours / type of contract: Part time (3 days per week)
Location and time zones: Remote global within time zones GMT -6 to +3
Start Date: January 2020
Salary: Competitive salaries, range to follow this week
Benefits: MobLab is building out benefits in line with our values. We are happy to discuss these with you during an interview
The communications editor’s mission is to produce cutting edge, engaging and human-centred communications to grow our top of funnel audiences, engage existing ones, and equip them with the information, stories and resources they need to be effective. You’ll also produce organisational communications, ensuring our work is reaching the people it needs to, building our “brand”, and supporting top of the funnel business development.
Key responsibilities (not exhaustive)
- Design, develop, and implement a digital communications programme to support digital engagement strategy that engages MobLab’s audiences and in programmes and services
- Curate content for Mobilisation Lab’s digital communications
- Produce and publish exciting, engaging and accessible email and social media content
- Produce blogs, videos and other digital media to grow and engage our audiences and support MobLab programmes
- Deliver social engagement for above
- Maintain writer relationships globally and build new ones for occasional story or case study production
- Commission, edit and publish stories, blogs, and case studies as needed
- Strategic thinker around digital engagement
- Great writer in multiple styles (blog, email newsletter, social media)
- Ability to connect with people from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Interest in global current events and people-powered systems change work
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally at least twice a year
- Residing within time zones GMT -6 (Central Time) to +3 (East Africa Time)
A strong candidate might have a few of these
- Experience with training, education, or social change
- Track record of growing an audience of followers
- Success launching new organisational social media accounts and building an audience
- Living, working, or significant travel experiences in a variety of countries around the globe
- Connection to social changemakers or social movements
- Conversant, fluent, or native speaker of one or more languages besides English, especially Spanish, French, Arabic, or Portuguese. Any languages other than English are an asset as we work globally.
If you’re excited by this role, our values, and how we work – we hope you’ll apply! Apply now.