- This event has passed.
Call for Technical Assistant Providers and Join Communities of practice
Join the Communities of Practice for TA Providers
The Advocacy Accelerator (AAC) is inviting you to join English and French Communities of Practice for TAP in Africa! The community aims to create space for discussing the importance of this sector, the technical needs as well as the role of TAPs within the advocacy ecosystem. Most importantly, you can celebrate your contributions to locally driven advocacy!
NOTE: You will need to register first to Join the Communities of Practice
Why Join the COP for Advocacy TA Provision?
1. Connect with other TA providers across the continent
2. Connect with other TA providers across Africa
3. Access training, knowledge and research.
4. Contribute to and shape global and regional conversations and policy dialogue around delivering locally driven advocacy.
5. Develop tools for supporting TAPs and influence advocacy stakeholders to design a TAP system for effective localized advocacy technical assistance delivery.
6. Boost solidarity between TA Providers
Sign Up to be a TA provider
Are you a Technical Assistant (TA) provider in the field of advocacy? Are you passionate about strengthening local advocacy capacity for grassroots, national, regional advocates and advocacy organisations in Africa? Are you in the Africa diaspora? If you answered yes to all the above questions, the Advocacy Accelerator is looking for you.
Why is this important?
The AAC supports TA Providers by identifying and linking them with each other and to Africa’s advocacy community at large. This is in line with the AAC’s mandate to disrupt the African advocacy ecosystem as well as tackle the structures and hegemonies of power that isolate and exclude African TA Providers. African TA Providers struggle to access advocacy TA Opportunities in Africa, as our research demonstrates.
By signing up to the TA directory you have the following benefits:
1. Connect with other TA providers, hence providing opportunity to engage and learn
2. Connect with advocates/CSOs to understand their capacity strengthening needs; helps TAs to be more informed.
3. Connect with potential funders/clients hence increasing chances for opportunities/funding.
4. Access to learning opportunities which helps strengthen your expertise as a TA.