Amkeni Wakenya Civil Society Democratic Governance Facility Advertisement County Based Call for Proposals on Interventions Focusing on Safeguarding Human Rights & Protecting Vulnerable Groups programme title: “Supporting an Inclusive and Multi-Sectoral Response to COVID-19 and Addressing its Socio-Economic Impact in Kenya”.
Amkeni WaKenya is civil society strengthening project of UNDP– Kenya established in 2008 supported by various development partners with the principal aim of providing coordinated technical and financial support to Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) working on democratic governance in Kenya.
This call for proposals seeks to provide immediate and impactful support to CSO projects aimed at promoting/supporting an Inclusive and Multi-Sectorial Response to COVID-19 and Addressing Socio-Economic Impact of COVID-19 in Kenya.
The objective of Amkeni Wakenya is to support civil society organizations (CSOs) that work in the democratic governance sector in Kenya to facilitate citizens’ participation in governance and reforms. This entails strengthening the technical, institutional and financial capacities of civil society organizations.
Amkeni WaKenya focuses on four (4) strategic outcomes:
- Outcome 1: Increased citizen participation in devolved government structures.
- Outcome 2: Access to justice for all, especially the poor and marginalized, and realization of human rights in Kenya improved
- Outcome 3: Capacity of civil society organizations in the democratic governance sector strengthened to enable them to sustainably discharge their mandates effectively and efficiently
- Outcome 4: Efficiency and effectiveness of Amkeni WaKenya to provide support to civil society organizations in the Democratic Governance sector in Kenya increased.
This call for proposals will seek to support CSOS with project funding under the following thematic focus:
- Thematic Focus 1: Safeguarding human rights and protecting vulnerable groups;
- Thematic Focus 2: Legal and policy advisory services.
- The overall indicative amounts made available for this Lot is USD 200,000.
- Grant size for this call will be USD 20, 000 (for all categories)
To be eligible for a grant, applicants must:
- Be a non-profit making Civil Society Organization (CSO) registered under the relevant Laws of Kenya with all regulatory/statutory compliance in place.
- Be registered in Kenya for a period of not less than two (2) years
- Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the project with their partners, not acting as an intermediary and
- Demonstrate prior experience of at least two years or more, carrying out activities in the field of development of the kind covered under this project.
- Have a bank account with certified and audited books of accounts for the past two years.
For more information, visit https://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=70033