- This event has passed.
CALL FOR PAPERS: Patriarchy and the roll-back of Democracy in East and Horn of Africa
April 9 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Heinrich Boll Foundation in partnership with African Feminism seeks academic contributions that illustrate the convergence and/or role of patriarchy in the roll-back of democracy in East and Horn of Africa, as well as the role of feminist theory and practice in widening democratic spaces. We encourage African writers from or working across the region to submit abstracts for papers on a topic of their choice relating to the theme.
Abstracts must include sufficient information for reviewers to judge the nature and significance of the topic, the adequacy of the investigative strategy, the nature of the results, and the conclusions. The abstract should summarize the substantive results of the work and not merely list topics to be discussed.
Abstracts should be no more than 500 words, formatted in Microsoft Word, single-spaced, size 12 and Times New Roman font.
- The deadline for submitting a detailed abstract (500 words) and full author details is 30th April 2019. Selection of papers is based on the abstract, and presenters will be notified whether they have been successful by mid-April 2019.
- The full paper is due on 15th July 2019 and must be an original Academic submission not presented or published elsewhere.
- Both abstracts and full papers should be submitted as a MS Word file by firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full Papers should be no more than 5,000 words, single spaced in Times New Roman 12 point
- The paper will be checked for plagiarism and detection of the same will lead to disqualification. APA is the recommended reference format.
- Both the abstract and full papers should be in English. The author(s) should indicate personal full contact details and include a brief biographical note with the abstract.
Full abstracts (500 words) should be prepared following the template provided below.
Purpose of this paper:
What are the reason(s) for writing the paper (or the aims of the analysis)?
How are the objectives achieved? Include the main method(s) used for the study. What is the approach to the topic, and what is the theoretical or subject scope of the paper?
What was found in the course of the work? This will refer to analysis, discussion, or results.
Research limitations/implications (if applicable):
If research is reported on in the paper, this section must be completed and should include suggestions for future research and any identified limitations in the research process.
Practical implications (if applicable):
What outcomes and implications for practice, applications and consequences are identified? All papers should have practical applications. What changes to practice might be made as a result of this paper?
What is original/value of paper:
What is new in the paper? State the value of the paper and to whom.
For more details on this call, follow this link: https://bit.ly/2U1z5E4
* Late submissions will not be considered.