- This event has passed.
Call for Applications: 2020 Paradigm Initiative’s Digital Rights Academy
Deadline 24 October 2020
The Academy runs from 9-13 November 2020
Apply here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfXrWYmjIryY8pkK-YQeRf1X9k0G2i6UJjGKkF9VW4B9gVPUQ/viewform
Applications are open for the 2020 Paradigm Initiative Digital Rights Academy, this academy will be focused on understanding and navigating the policy and regulatory landscape related to digital rights and security, as well as capacity building in advocacy and engagement strategies for those who work or are interested in promoting and defending human rights online in Africa.
- The subject of human rights online has never been more important than it is now, with digitalisation shaping the majority of today’s economic and social activities. The subject is not only relevant to policy makers, advocates, and Civil Society Organisations who work around the theme of Human Rights online and ICTs for Development, but also individuals and media institutions who are interested in and who rely heavily on the use of the internet for activism, advocacy or civil engagement.
- The objective of this academy is creating awareness on the issues surrounding Digital rights in Africa and capacity building for the participants in order that they are armed with the requisite knowledge to actively participate in digital rights advocacy.
- The Academy will commence on the 9th of November, 2020 and end on the 13th of November, 2020. The Academy will take place online, in view of the Coronavirus (COVID 19). Further details will be shared with the shortlisted applicants.
- Open to individuals who live and work in Africa.
- Selection will be based on best-fit considerations with a focus on the likelihood that the workshop will be useful to your ongoing work.