The Advocacy Accelerator in partnership with Mobilisation Lab developed and delivered a training in Nairobi, on September 16-20, 2019. The purpose of this Campaign Accelerator training was to enable the creation of agile teams that are able to develop creative and transformative advocacy campaigns that engage people in meaningful ways.
It was a collaborative planning process that blended tried and true strategy tools with the best of design thinking, lean start-up principles, and participatory approaches to problem solving.
The fun and creative-packed 5-day training guided participants on how to:
- Design a solid strategy that addresses the root causes of an issue
- Generate and test ideas to engage key audiences
- Foster a collaborative team culture that embraces learning and iteration throughout a project cycle
- Integrate new practices into teams and organisations with established norms
- Deliver an actionable campaign plan
Lessons learnt from this training should guide a campaign developer on how to build people-powered, creative and participatory campaigns that bring long-term change.